INITIAL CHECK AND ADJUSTMENT USING AVA EQUIPMENT (cont)
(1) Perform ground track and adjustment (paragraph 519).
b. PERFORM INITIAL MEASUREMENT
(1) Use cursor keys to highlight aircraft type on CADU display (Figure 516), then press DO.
(2) Use cursor keys to highlight AH64, then press DO.
(3) Tail Number is highlighted, press DO.
(4) Use cursor keys to highlight Tail Number used in para 519, then press DO.
(5) Flight Plan is highlighted. Press DO.
(6) Use cursor keys to highlight INITIAL. Press DO.
(7) Press F1 to enter the MEASURE mode. Verify that test state FPG100 is highlighted.
If tracker is pointed towards the sun, AVA might give a tracker error. To
avoid possible delays while obtaining data, always try to point tracker away
from the sun.
(8) When aircraft is stable at highlighted selection, press DO.
(9) Reverify that aircraft is at required test state (FPG100 or Hover), then press DO again each time a
measurement is completed and another test state is highlighted. AVA will acquire track and vibration data and
then return to selection menu.
If any test state has failed or partial message next to the prompt, the
AVA did not get a complete set of data for this test state. Arrow back to the
test state and repeat measurement until all test states have done next to
(10) After last measurement is completed, press DO on finish, then press DO on DIAGS (diagnostics).
(11) If measurements are within specified limits, press QUIT to main menu and proceed to paragraph 521,
Flight Track and Adjustment.
(12) If measured values exceed specifications, press DO to execute DIAGS (diagnostics). AVA will make
recommendations to correct excessive vibration. Perform step c, Interpreting Results and Making Corrections.
c. INTERPRETING RESULTS AND MAKING CORRECTIONS
(1) AVAs default solution will recommend adjusting both pitch links and weights at same time.
Recommended method for INITIAL diagnostics is to do a weight only solution, if GNDTRK measurement has
been conducted and track is within limits. This is accomplished by toggling off pitch link adjustment in edit
adjustables screen of DIAGS (diagnostics) menu, and pressing DO to obtain a new solution.