INITIAL CHECK AND ADJUSTMENT USING AVA EQUIPMENT (cont)
The reason that it is not recommended to adjust pitch links for hover track
is that the flight adjustments should cause the hover track to fall within
(2) Once ground and hover balance is adjusted to acceptable levels, proceed to paragraph 521, Flight
Track and Adjustment. Do not continue making adjustments to fine tune for INITIAL program. If vibration levels
are within limits normal procedure is to proceed to flight, because adjustments for flight will affect these levels.
(3) If a weight adjustment is required, go to step e.
(4) If a pitch link adjustment is required, go to paragraph 519, step c.
d. COMPARING MOVES BETWEEN FLIGHTS
(1) Compare vibration from one measurement to next (mainly to ensure that aircraft is responding in a
normal manner). For INITIAL flight plan lateral readings should be trended. To trend more than one data set,
perform the following:
With latest Flight ID picked, enter the display mode by pressing F2.
Select Trend Flights and press DO.
Select desired channel to trend (either FPGLAT or HOVLAT) and press DO.
Enter number of test states to trend (the easiest to understand is just trend the last two flights by
entering 2, this will trend the most current flight with the previous flight), then arrow to Draw Axis
and Change to NO by pressing the right arrow (this will make the polar chart easier to read), and
then press DO.
(2) This will display vibration trend from the latest flight with previous flights on a polar chart. This process
is displayed in Figure 517.
One Test State
[ DO ] Select Options
DOSelect QUIT Exit
Enter the number of tests
to show on the polar plot
at one time.
No. of Test: 2
Save & Exit
Draw Axis =
14:24:00 28 AUG 96
Polar Chart Trend