FLIGHT CHECK AND ADJUSTMENT USING AVA EQUIPMENT (cont)
(2) Use cursor keys to highlight Aircraft Type, then press DO.
(3) Use cursor keys to highlight AH64, then press DO.
(4) Tail Number is highlighted. Press DO.
(5) Use cursor keys to highlight a tail number or enter a new tail number (up to seven digits), then press
(6) Flight Plan is highlighted. Press DO.
(7) Use cursor keys to highlight FLIGHT. Press DO.
(8) Enter the MEASURE mode by pressing F1. Verify that FPG100 is highlighted.
Do not exceed any airspeed at which excessive vibration and/or 3-INCH
track spread is present. If main rotor 1/REV vibration becomes
objectionable, acquire data normally through the highest airspeed at which
vibration can be tolerated. Press QUIT on the CADU and select save and
exit. Land the aircraft and enter diagnostics and follow AVA steps to
correct discrepancy. The AVA diagnostics will give a warning that the test
states where data was not acquired, it will not take into account. Even
though the higher airspeed test states were not taken the corrections will
lower the vibration levels based on the other test states that were taken.
If tracker is pointed towards the sun, AVA might give a tracker error. To
avoid possible delays while obtaining data, always try to point tracker
away from the sun.
Autorotation RPM verification should be done as soon as the aircraft is
capable of a forward airspeed of 80-100 knots indicated airspeed (KIAS).
(9) Press DO when aircraft is stable at highlighted selection.
(10) Reverify that aircraft is at required test state (FPG100, Hover, 60Kts, 80Kts, 100Kts, 120Kts, or
140Kts) and press DO again. Perform this operation each time a measurement is completed and another test
state is highlighted. AVA will acquire track and vibration data at each test state and then return to selection menu.
If any test state has a failed or partial message next to the prompt, the
AVA did not get a complete set of data for this test state. Arrow back to the
test state and repeat the measurement until all test states have done next
(11) After last measurement is completed, press DO on finish, then press DO on diagnostics. If
measurements are within specified limits, press QUIT to main menu and proceed to step (14).