the autofly sets are indexed on CRT page 400. CRT pages 421 through 460 have been
dedicated for autofly sets and provide a description of each set. (See figure
c. During the recording of the flight profile, the instructor can make use of
other CMS instructional features, such as problem freeze, store/reset, current con-
ditions, and IC sets, as often as necessary until a model performance of the de-
sired flight profile is obtained. This process can be repeated until the instruc-
tor is satisfied that each segment of the profile has been flown to the required
d. After completing the recording of the flight profile, up to
identifiers that permit direct access to the individual segments
of the recording
for future training use can be added. The text description and
descriptions can then be added to the autofly set by running a
e. The autofly preparation CRT page is 945. (See figure 7-70.) The following
rules and guidelines are applicable to the use of this page during preparation:
(1) The AUTOFLY SET NO. (line 01) is used for identification and recall of
a u t o f l y sets (e.g., 01 TAB 02 ENTER identifies autofly set No. 2).
(2) Autofly recording begins at the record number selected by the user. The
maneuver record is defined by recordings between periods of freeze. For a new
autofly, recording must start at segment one.
(3) The RECORD command (line 03) starts the recording (when PROB FREEZE is
released). When that portion of the profile is complete. problem freeze is
(4) The recorded portion can now be played back for review and critique via
the PLAYBACK command (line 04). The autofly elapsed-time indicator (in the status
area) provides a time indication of the playback period.
(7) The SET SEGMENT command (line 05) is used to mark segment beginnings. as
desired. The CLRAR SEGMENT command (line 06) removes a segment marking that is not
required or desired.
(8) When the segmentation of the recording is complete, autofly set is ready
for permanent storage. The PREP COMPLETE, SAVE AUTOFLY FOR REPLAY command (line
88) is used. The text descriptions for autofly can be added by processing the
offline task to do this.
Change 2 7-159