HOISTING MAIN ROTOR BLADE REMOVAL
Hoisted components can cause injury
or death if they fall. Keep away from
hoisted components and loaded
crane. If injury occurs, seek medical
a. Position crane hook (1) over installed blade
(1) Rotate crane handle (2) to up position to al-
low lateral movement of crane boom arm (3)
(2) Use two tag lines (4) to move boom arm (3).
(3) Turn boom arm (3) to aline hook (1) over sling
hoisting ring (5).
(4) Rotate handle (2) to down position to prevent
lateral movement of boom arm (3).
Lifting eye bolt on main rotor blade
sling shall have no more than two vis-
ible threads above clamp handle prior
to lifting blade. Failure to do so could
result in hoisting injuries.
To prevent crossing cable on spool and
damage to crank, tension must be ap-
plied when letting out or taking in cable.
b. Insert hook (1) into hoisting ring (5).
(1) Crank winch (6) to position hook (1) just
above sling support frame (7).
(2) Snap hook (1) into ring (5).
(3) Crank winch (6) to remove cable slack.
GO TO NEXT PAGE