SPECIAL INSPECTION CHECKLIST continued
Helicopter Serial No.:
(1) Check surface of pivot joint, stabilator, and electrostatic dischargers
for lightning strike damage.
(2) If damaged, repair per maintenance procedures.
(3) Remove stabilator and inspect attach bolts, bearings, attachment
fittings, actuator attach bolts, and bearings for damage. If damage is
found, send stabilator to depot. Replace attaching hardware as
i. VERTICAL STABILIZER
(1) Check surface of vertical stabilizer, tip cap, radar warning antenna,
tail light, position light, and trailing edge antenna.
(2) If damaged, remove vertical stabilizer and perform the following:
(a) Check for arcing at lower attach bolts and attach lug surfaces,
stabilator pivot bushings, antenna attach surfaces, fairing attach
surfaces, and skin.
(b) If damaged, send vertical stabilizer to depot.
(c) Replace attaching hardware as required.
(1) Check surfaces of wing, electrostatic dischargers, wing tip, formation
lights, and all pylons for damage.
(2) If damage is found, check the following:
(a) Check attach bolts for arcing. If damaged, replace bolts.
(b) Check pylon mounts, attach lugs, and shear pin bushings. If
damaged, send to depot.
GO TO NEXT PAGE