PARKING BRAKE ROTARY DIRECT VALVE REPAIR AND TEST (AVIM) continued
e. Remove two piston assembly fittings (28)
from valve (2).
(1) Remove two fittings (28) from valve (2).
(2) Remove and discard two packings (29).
a. Clean valve and its components. Use dry
cleaning solvent (item 74, App F) and cloth
(item 52, App F).
b. Blow dry valve and its components. Use
a Check parts and mounting areas for nicks,
cracks, scoring, scratches, excessive wear,
and stripped or damaged threads. None al-
b Check valve body for distortion. None al-
c. Check valve body for cracks.
(1) If cracks are suspected, perform nondestruc-
tive inspection (TM 1-1520-264-23).
d Check ports and passage for foreign matter
and cracks. None allowed.
e Check springs for:
(1) Permanent set and misalinement. None al-
(2) Roll springs across a smooth flat surface. No
f Check seats and ball seating surfaces for
roughness and burrs. None allowed.
g Check ball bearings for pits and wear. None
GO TO NEXT PAGE