PARKING BRAKE FUNCTIONAL TEST continued
c. Install hydraulic tester.
(1) Install packing (4), adapter (5), pressure line
(6), and hydraulic gage (7) on brake unit (2).
d. Depress pilot left brake and maintain pres-
(1) Gage on hydraulic tester should read 400 to
e. Set parking brakes (para 1.61).
There may be a slight drop in wheel
gauge pressure (25 psi maximum).
f. Apply parking brake pressure for a minimum
of 5 MINUTES.
(1) If pressure drop is noted, check all brake lines
and wheel cylinders for leakage. None al-
g. Release parking brakes (para 1.61).
Hydraulic tester gage may experience
momentary pressure spike. Condition
If pressure does not drop to zero after
parking brake is released, proceed
with next operation.
h. Perform functional test.
(1) Tap gage with finger to ensure gage opera-
(2) Remove lockwire and cylinder cap assembly
(8) to ensure brake system is not over ser-
(3) Lockwire cap (8) to screw (9). Use wire
(item 226, App F).
GO TO NEXT PAGE