2.107A. VERTICAL STABILIZER ELASTOMERIC MOUNT REMOVAL/INSTALLATION continued
If removing more than one elastomeric
mount, attaching hardware must be kept
with removed mount.
a. Remove vertical stabilizer elastomeric mount
(1) from tailboom (2).
(1) Remove four shear bolts (3) and recessed
washers (4) from mounts (1).
(2) Remove mount (1) from tailboom (2).
a. Clean removed and attaching parts. (para
a. Check removed and attaching parts for dam-
age (para 2.102).
b. Check removed and attaching parts for corro-
sion (para 2.102).
c. Check mounting surfaces for cracks and cor-
rosion (para 2.102).
d. Check barrel nuts for cracks, warpage, or
stripped threads. None allowed.
e. Check visible edge of rubber sandwiched in
elastomeric mounts for gaps and voids.
(1) Inspect rubber for gaps or voids of 0.2 INCH
or greater. If gaps or voids exceed limits re-
(2) Inspect rubber for gaps or voids totaling 0.5
INCH or greater. If gaps or voids exceed lim-
its replace mount.
(3) Inspect rubber for gaps or voids more than
1/8 INCH deep below metal edge. If gaps or
voids exceed limits replace mount.
GO TO NEXT PAGE