MAIN TRANSMISSION HYDRAULIC PUMP SEAL REPLACEMENT continued
The -3 seal is two-way interchange-
able with the basic seal; the -3 is the
The -3 seal with brown elastomer and
-5 seal with black elastomer (used on
the APU input shaft) are rotational de-
pendent seals which are not inter-
a. Install new seal (1) in transmission (2). Use
seal removal/installation tool (Figure D-461,
(1) Ensure new seal (1) has brown elastomer
and not black elastomer (-5 seal).
(2) Lubricate seal (1). Use lubricating oil
(item 119, App F).
(3) Coat outer edge of seal (1) with sealing com-
pound. Use sealing compound (item 161,
(4) Insert guide in transmission (2). Use seal re-
moval/installation tool (Figure D-461, App D).
(5) Install new seal (7) on guide with lip of seal
firmly against transmission (2).
(6) Install pusher on guide and tap to install new
seal (1). Use seal removal/installation tool
(Figure D-461, App D).
b. Install primary hydraulic pump (para 7.4) or
utility hydraulic pump (para 7.58).
c. Service main transmission oil system (para
d. Inspect (QA).
END OF TASK