EMPENNAGE INSPECTION continued
d. Check leading edge debris cover for cuts, tears, holes, and loose edges.
(1) Cuts and tears less than 2.0 INCHES in length, repair (para 2.113). Cuts and tears exceeding 2.0 INCHES
in length, replace (para 2.115).
(2) Loose edges less than 1.5 INCHES, repair (para 2.113). Loose edges exceeding 1.5 INCHES, replace
(3) Holes and gaps less than 0.5 INCHES in diameter, repair (para 2.113). Holes and gaps exceeding 0.5
INCHES in diameter, replace (para 2.115).
2.102.6. General (Fittings, Castings, Forgings)
a. Nicks, scratches, and gouges which do not develop into cracks are generally acceptable if sharp
edges can be blended and damage does not interfere with operational characteristics of affected
(1) If blending is required, remove minimal material to smooth off sharp edges.
b. Cracks are generally not acceptable.
(1) Use approved non-destructive testing methods to determine if cracks exist.
END OF TASK