FORWARD HANGER BEARING AND SUPPORT REMOVAL/INSTALLATION continued
d. Check for erosion of plasma coating, clogged
vent holes in diaphragm, and deep bends in
diaphragm guard (para 6.1).
e. Check for loose or damaged nutplates (para
Mating surfaces shall be coated with
MIL-P-23377 T1C1. Use epoxy primer
coating kit (item 78, App F).
Old configuration supports that do not
have the word FRONT stamped on
them should be positioned with the
short legs of the support facing aft.
The support is installed correctly when
the word FRONT stamped on the left
forward leg is facing forward.
a. Install support (5) on deck (6). Torque bolts (7)
with washer (8) to 60 INCH-POUNDS.
(1) Position support (5) on deck (6).
(2) Install four bolts (7) and washers (8) through
support (5) and in deck (6).
(3) Torque four bolts (7) to 60 INCH-POUNDS. Use
(4) Apply corrosion preventative compound to at-
taching hardware. Use corrosion preventive
compound (item 62A, App F).
(5) Apply fillet of sealing compound around mat-
ing surfaces of support. Use sealing
compound (item 178, App F).
GO TO NEXT PAGE