NO. 5 TAIL ROTOR DRIVE SHAFT, DAMPER, AND ANTI-FLAIL SUPPORT
c. Repair support (5) by replacing support
(1) Remove six rivets (30) attaching bracket (29)
to support (5) (TM 1-1500-204-23).
(2) Remove bracket (29) from support (5).
(3) Position bracket (29) on support (5).
(4) Install six rivets (30) through bracket (29) and
support (5) (TM 1-1500-204-23).
d. Repair cracks on anti-flail support and damp-
er support by stop drilling and applying an
Cracks on support brackets are not re-
pairable. On anti-flail support, replace
bracket. On damper support, replace
Cracks greater than 2.50 INCH in
length on bend lines are not repair-
able. Replace support.
Cracks in flange holes greater than 1/2
of flange width in length and extend
more than 0.25 INCH into web are not
repairable. Replace support.
(1) Stop drill, trim, and dress to 45 degrees V
shaped cracks found in flange holes that are
less than 1/2 of flange width in length
(2) Apply an overlay patch if cracks in flanged
holes are greater than 1/2 flange width but
extend less than 0.25 INCH into web
GO TO NEXT PAGE