FUEL TANK PRESSURE CONTROL VALVE REMOVAL/INSTALLATION continued
c. Check fittings and plug for crossed, burred,
and stripped threads (para 7.114).
d. Check connector and receptacle for rough or
binding action; foreign objects, and bent, bro-
ken, loose, or missing pins (para 7.114).
e. Check valve and bracket for cracks and
dented housing. None allowed.
f. Check solenoid case for damage. None al-
f. Check valve for loose or missing hardware.
g. Check identification plate for damage. None
h. Check for worn or damaged coating to bare
metal (para 7.114).
i. Check removed and attaching parts for nicks,
gouges, scratches, and cracks (para 7.114).
a. Install plug (12) and reducers (4) and (7) on
(1) Lubricate three new packings (13). Use
petrolatum (item 138, App F).
(2) Install packings (13) on plug (12) and reduc-
ers (4) and (7).
(3) Lubricate threads of plug (12) and reducers
(4) and (7) on packing side. Use damping
fluid (item 69, App F).
(4) Install plug (12) and reducers (4) and (7) on
GO TO NEXT PAGE