MAIN ROTOR DRIVE PLATE REMOVAL/INSTALLATION continued
(c) Apply sealing compound to interface
point where plug enters drive plate. Use
sealing compound (item 177, App F).
(d) Install adapter and plug on drive plate.
i. Check drive plate attaching surface area.
(1) Plasma spray coating shall be free from:
(a) Cracks, excessive and massive oxides,
and excessive porosity. Use magnifier.
(b) Grit particles and contamination under-
neath spray plasma coating. None al-
(c) Spalling, chipping, flaking, cracking, and
other imperfections detrimental to usage.
a. Install seal (8) in plate (1).
(1) Lubricate new packing (11). Use petrolatum
(item 138, App F).
(2) Install packing (11) on retainer (10).
Ensure seal open lip is in down position
and spring removed, if installed.
(3) Install seal (8) on retainer (10) with open lip
(4) Install retainer (10) and seal (8) in plate (1).
(5) Install ring (9) in groove in plate (1).
GO TO NEXT PAGE