Ensure that the accelerometer cable is secured and away from any hot surfaces.
g. Perform the following tests utilizing the CADU:
(1) From the main menu on the CADU, use the cursor keys and highlight aircraft type, than press
(2) Use cursor keys to highlight T53N2, then press "DO".
(3) Tail number is highlighted. Press "DO".
(4) Use cursor keys to highlight a tail number, or select "NEW" and enter a new tail number (up
to seven digits), then press "DO".
(5) Flight plan is highlighted. Press "DO".
(6) Select appropriate Right plan, AH-1. Press "DO".
(7) Press "F1" to enter measure mode. Once in the measurement mode press "F4", which will
toggle to LIMITS ON. With LIMITS ON, this will check for limits after each test state.
If any test state on the ground exceeds the limits, the engine fails the
test. Do not fly the aircraft.
(8) Take as many test state points as possible on the ground. lf the engine fails the test, collect
as many test points as possible on the ground for informational purposes.
(9) Press "DO" on the highlighted selection to set up the measurement. Press l DO= when the
engine is stable at the highlighted selection to take the measurement. Perform this operation each time a
measurement is completed and another test state is highlighted.
Do not fly the aircraft if any test state on the ground is above the limit
(see previous WARNING).
(10) If all the measurements were not taken and the in-flight measurements are not necessary,
press "QUIT", and then select "SAVE AND EXIT" and press "DO".
(11) After the last measurement is completed, press "DO" on "FINISH", then press "DO" on
"DIAGNOSTICS". All of the test states will be checked for limits. If measurements are within limits, view the
measured values by pressing the up arrow. Record these values on a copy of the data sheet supplied with
the AVA Memory Card. Press "QUIT" to go to the main menu.
(12) If any measurement exceeds the limit the engine fails. If measurements are above limits,
view all the measured values by pressing the up arrow. Record these values on a copy of the data sheet
supplied with the memory card. Press "QUIT" to exit. The AVA will give a message that there are no
diagnostics set up for this aircraft. Press "QUlT" to return to the main menu.
h. Disconnect equipment
(1) Disconnect and remove AVA equipment.
(2) Remove accelerometer bracket from forward-lifting eye assembly.