PROTECTIVE COVER REMOVAL continued
f. Remove area weapon/turret protective cover
(1) Open cover (9) hook-and-pile fastener.
(2) Pull cover (9) from turret and weapon.
Gun muzzle cover can be fired through.
g. If severe environmental conditions of icing or
dust exist or are expected, do not remove gun
muzzle cover (10).
h. Remove helicopter canopy protective cover
(1) Open panel hook-and-pile fasteners on for-
ward and aft panel overlaps.
(2) Loosen right strap to vertical handhold.
(3) Loosen strap to step.
(4) Loosen left panel straps secured to fuselage
(5) Loosen strap extended around fuselage.
(6) Remove cover (11) from top of helicopter.
i. Remove two pitot head protective covers (12).
(1) Loosen hook-and-pile fasteners.
(2) Remove pitot head protective cover (12) from
left and right wing pitot tubes.
j. Remove nose gearbox cooling air inlet protec-
tive shields (13).
(1) Pull and remove strap from each shield (13).
GO TO NEXT PAGE