MAIN TRANSMISSION ROTOR BRAKE ACTUATOR (PARKER-HANNIFIN)
DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY (AVIM) continued
(4) Check for thickness, 0.150 INCH minimum.
f. Check packing grooves in each cylinder for burrs, sharp edges, and debris. None allowed.
g. Check surfaces of cylinder bores and all packing grooves for scratches, nicks, and gouges.
(1) Minor surface imperfections measuring 0.004 INCH deep or less before blending and not covering over 20
percent of surface area may be repaired by blending at a 30:1 to 50:1 transition ratio. Repair not to exceed
depth of original damage. Use depth gage.
h. Check bleeder valve and bleeder seat for grooves or pits. None allowed.
i. Check bleeder screw for screw slot and thread damage. None allowed.
j. Check bleed valve washer.
(1) Check for brittleness. None allowed.
(2) Check for distortion. None allowed.
k. Check spring tension washers.
(1) Check for thickness, 0.0305 INCH minimum.
(2) Check for preformed width, 0.0758 INCH minimum.
l. Check sleeves.
(1) Check for outside diameter, 0.619 INCH minimum.
(2) Check for inside diameter, 0.375 INCH maximum.
(3) Check for width, 0.529 INCH minimum.
m. Check pistons.
(1) Check for chipped packing grooves. None allowed.
(2) Check shaft and friction lining mounting screw hole threads for damage. None allowed.
(3) Check for diameter, 2.100 INCHES minimum.
(4) Check for shoulder diameter, 0.621 INCHES minimum.
(5) Check for large packing groove diameter, 1.370 INCHES minimum.
n. Check left hand and right hand cylinder.
(1) Check packing seats and piston assembly cavity groove for burrs and sharp edges. None allowed.
(2) Check for piston cavity diameter, 1.622 INCHES maximum.
o. Check seal plug bores.
(1) Check bores for burrs and sharp edges. None allowed.
GO TO NEXT PAGE