TAIL LANDING GEAR WHEEL (WITH GREASE FITTING) REPAIR (AVIM) continued
a. Install tail landing gear wheel tapered roller cups (TM 55-1500-322-24).
b. Install grease fitting (3) on tail landing gear wheel (2).
(1) Apply a coat of antiseize compound to grease fitting (4). Use brush (item 34, App F) and antiseize
compound (item 27, App F).
(2) Install grease fitting (4) in tail landing gear wheel (2).
c. Install new instruction plate (1) on tail landing gear wheels (2).
(1) Lightly abrade wheels (2) in same location as old plate (1). Use cloth (item 48, App F).
(2) Remove lining from back side of plate (1).
(3) Install plate (1) on wheel (2) as close as possible to tire valve assembly location.
(4) Place a bead of adhesive around the edge of plate (1). Use adhesive (item 12, App F).
GO TO NEXT PAGE