SINGLE DISK BRAKE, FRICTION LINING, AND BRAKE DISK REMOVAL/INSTALLATION
Disk discoloration caused by heat is ac-
a. Check flange, disk, plate, linings, piston insu-
lators and cylinder assembly for cracks.
(1) If cracks are suspected, perform nondestruc-
tive inspection (TM 1-1520-264-23).
b. Check flange, disk, plate, linings, and cylinder
assembly for corrosion (para 1.49).
c. Check disk for dishing. Use surface plate and
(1) If disk is dished in excess of 0.060 INCH,
d. Check disk for wear. Use caliper set.
(1) If disk is less than 0.120 INCH thick, replace
e. Check piston insulators for wear. Use caliper
(1) If ID is less than 0.723 INCH, or greater than
0.729 INCH, replace insulator.
(2) If OD is less than 1.365 INCH, replace insula-
(3) If height is less than 0.426 INCH, replace
f. Check linings. Use caliper set.
(1) If linings are less than 0.160 INCH thick or
overheating is evident, replace linings.
GO TO NEXT PAGE
NOTE: ALL DIMENSIONS IN INCHES