CANOPY TRANSPARENT PANEL ASSEMBLY SEAL REPLACEMENT continued
Canopy transparent panel seals are sec-
tional and consist of four, five, or six sec-
tions depending upon application.
a. Install new seal (1) on airframe (2).
(1) Apply a thin, even coat of primer to sealing
surfaces of airframe (2) and allow to dry. Use
epoxy primer coating kit (item 78, App F).
(2) Apply adhesive to mating surfaces of seal (1)
and airframe (2). Spread sealant to uniform
thickness of 0.015 INCH. Work out bubbles.
Use adhesive (item 14, App F) and brush
(item 34, App F).
(3) Position seal (1) in airframe (2) cavity with all
holes and cutouts alined. Apply firm uniform
pressure. Do not shift sealed surfaces.
(4) Clean excess adhesive around joints and
seams. Use cloth (item 52, App F) moistened
with naphtha (item 127, App F).
(5) Do not move joined components for 1 HOUR
after applying adhesive (or until adhesive is
tack-free to the touch).
b. Inspect (QA).
END OF TASK