UTILITY HYDRAULIC ACCUMULATOR LEAK CHECK (AVIM) continued
(8) Remove residual fluid from air side of accu-
mulator (1). Blow dry into air port (3) with
nitrogen. Wipe residual fluid from air port (3)
with a clean rag.
c. Internal fluid leakage test.
(1) Set accumulator (1) on end with manifold (6)
(2) Apply 3000 psi hydraulic pressure at pres-
sure port (2) and hold for 3 minutes.
(3) Inspect air port (3) for hydraulic leakage.
(4) Relieve all pressure and maintain accumula-
tor (1) in upright position (manifold up).
(5) Connect nitrogen cart to air port (3) with accu-
mulator still in upright position.
(6) Slowly apply nitrogen pressure to air port (3)
to allow fluid to return to test stand reservoir.
(7) Relieve all pressure and disconnect hydraulic
pressure line from pressure port (2).
(8) Wipe fluid from manifold (6) and pressure
port (2) with a clean rag.
d. Internal gas leakage test.
(1) Slowly apply nitrogen to air port (3) until it
reaches 1640 psi and hold for 3 minutes.
(2) Inspect for presence of fluid at pressure port
(2). Displacement of 1 cc maximum in 3 min-
utes is allowed.
(3) Inspect for leakage at air port (3). None al-
(4) Relieve all pressure and disconnect nitrogen
cart. Wipe accumulator (1) with a clean rag.
Install protective caps on all openings.
e. Inspect (QA).
END OF TASK