SECTION III. PRESSURIZED AIR SYSTEM MAINTENANCE
PRESSURIZED AIR SYSTEM INSPECTION
This task covers:
7.114.2. Initial Setup
Aircraft mechanics tool kit (item 376, App H)
Attack Helicopter Repairer
a. Check exterior surfaces of pressurized air system components for nicks, gouges, scratches, cracks,
(1) Minor scratches (without burrs or raised material) that do not penetrate through protective finish are
acceptable without rework.
(2) Nicks, gouges, corrosion pits (TM 55-1500-344-23), or other minor surface damage that does not exceed
a depth of 10 percent or 0.040 INCH of material thickness, whichever is less after rework, is permissible.
(3) No burnishing is allowed within 0.75 INCH of a bolt hole or corner.
(4) No cracks are allowed.
(5) No mating or working surface repair is allowed.
(6) Touch up removed protective finish as required (TM 55-1500-345-23).
(7) Replace component if damage exceeds repairable limits; or if damage occurs on a radius, in a hole, or on
a mating or working surface.
GO TO NEXT PAGE