ENGINE NOSE GEARBOX METALLIC CHIP DETECTOR REMOVAL/INSTALLATION continued
e. Remove metallic chip detector (1) from gear-
box housing (2).
(1) Remove detector (3) from base (4).
(2) Discard packing (5).
(3) Remove lockwire from two bolts (6).
(4) Remove two bolts (6) and washers (7).
(5) Remove base (4) from gearbox (2).
(6) Remove and discard packing (8).
Cut wires for nose gearbox chip detector
from P61 (No. 1 nose gearbox) and P60
(No. 2 nose gearbox).
f. Identify and cut electrical wires from wire har-
ness (9) or detach wires from splice area
a. Clean removed and attaching parts or sur-
faces (para 1.47).
a. Check chip detector for clogged strainer and
cracks in flange. None allowed.
b. Check boss and probe of chip detector for
nicks, gouges, and burrs.
(1) Repair damaged areas 0.30 INCH or less
deep by blending.
c. Check chip detector for corrosion (para 1.49).
d. Check connector backshell screws for proper
reverse installation and security.
e. Check packing groove for nicks, gouges, and
burrs. None allowed.
GO TO NEXT PAGE