PYLON INSPECTION - continued
p. Check pylon rack for allowable release torque (para 16.2).
q. Check pylon stores jettison cartridges for damage. Ensure CCU-44/B cartridges are installed
r. Check pylon, pylon rack, and attached components for corrosion (para 1.49).
Pylon rack mounting bushings are located where the pivot pin is inserted through the pylon, which
holds the pylon rack in position.
s. Check pylon rack mounting bushings for damage.
(1) Measure inner diameter (ID)of bushing. ID measurement not to exceed 1.438 INCHES or out of round by
no more than 0.001 INCH. If ID does not meet specifications, replace bushing (TM 55-1500-322-24). Use
(2) Check bushing for gouges and scratches. Gouges and scratches will be no more than 30 percent of the
hollow pin interface surface area. If gouges and scratches exceed 30 percent, replace bushing
t. Check pylon rack articulation.
(1) Disconnect actuator rod end from yoke of pylon rack (para 16.25).
(2) Rotate the pylon rack about the hollow pin. The pylon rack must rotate freely and smoothly with less than
15 POUNDS of load applied by hand on the yoke at the aft end of the pylon rack. Use spring tester.
(3) If pylon rack requires less than 15 POUNDS of load to move, and moves smoothly and quietly, connect rod
end (para 16.25).
GO TO NEXT PAGE