FUEL SERVICING SINGLE POINT ADAPTER (SPA) METHOD continued
Failure of automatic shutoff sequence
will be indicated by fuel flowing from
fuel cell vent tubes. This failure could
damage the airframe and injure per-
sonnel. Manually stop fuel flow if this
occurs. If injury occurs, seek medical
m. Disconnect nozzle (7) from adapter (8).
(1) Stop refueling pump.
(2) Move valve handle (12) to off position.
(3) Turn nozzle (7) counterclockwise until free
from adapter (8).
(4) Disconnect nozzle ground plug (9) from
grounding receptacle (10).
(5) Install cap (11) on adapter (8).
Refueling panel door will not close if ei-
ther LEVEL CONT VALVES switch is in
n. Set FWD TNK and AFT TNK LEVEL CONT
VALVES switches (13) to OPEN.
(1) Check that FWD CLOSED and AFT
CLOSED indicators (14) do not light.
o. Set REFUEL VALVE switch (5) to CLOSE.
(1) Check that OPEN indicator (6) does not light.
(2) Refer to TM 1-1520-238-T if indicator (6) re-
p. Set FUEL QTY IND switch (4) to OFF.
q. Remove static ground lines (FM 10-68).
GO TO NEXT PAGE