SPECIAL INSPECTION CHECKLIST continued
Helicopter Serial No.:
(3) Check gravity refueling ports, pressure refuel port, and fuel cell vents
for arc burns. Replace any damaged component. During next
refueling, check pressure refuel/defuel shutoff valves, and vent valve
for proper operation.
(4) Perform continuity check on wiring to any damaged component. After
installing a replacement component perform an operational check of
the new component.
(1) Check SDC and attaching hardware for arcing and leakage. If
damaged, send SDC to depot. If no damage is found, perform
operational check (TM 1-1520-238-T).
r. EXTERNAL FUEL TANKS
(1) Check refueling port, air/fuel and electrical interfaces for arcing or
(2) Check for any indication of damage to composite structure.
(3) If damage exceeds maximum allowable tolerances, the tank must be
returned to the contractor.
s. WIRE STRIKE
(1) Check wire strike hardware for damage.
(2) Check cutting edges and sharp protrusions for indication of damage.
If damage is found, replace as required. Return damaged
components to depot.
STABILATOR HINGE AND WEAPONS PYLON PIVOT
Do not use corrosion preventive film on weapons pylons (teflon coated)
pivot pins, part number 7-318000061-3.
Make a follow up application of corrosion preventive film and water displacing
compound (para 2.113 /para 16.4).
GO TO NEXT PAGE