GROUND TRACK AND ADJUSTMENT USING AVA EQUIPMENT (cont)
c. ADJUSTMENT OF PITCH LINKS
(1) Mark barrel and upper rod end with a single vertical line for reference.
(2) Cut lockwire securing jam nuts to barrel of pitch link to be adjusted.
(3) Loosen upper jam nut while holding barrel of pitch link. Use two openend wrenches.
(4) Loosen lower jam nut while holding barrel of pitch link. Use two openend wrenches.
To determine which way to turn the pitch link barrel to raise or lower the
blade, grasp the barrel with right hand thumb extended up, turning the
barrel the same direction as your fingers are pointed will raise the blade
up. Turning barrel in the opposite direction will lower the blade.
Shortening the pitch link moves the blade down, lengthening it moves
the blade up.
(5) Turn barrel specified amount displayed on the CADU (+ means lengthen; means shorten).
(6) Tighten jam nuts and torque to 900 INCHPOUNDS. Use openend wrench, torque wrench, and
(7) Safety jam nuts. Use lockwire.
(8) Inspect (QA).
END OF TASK