SPECIAL INSPECTION CHECKLIST continued
Helicopter Serial No.:
a. If skin cracks are found, inspect the No. 2L stringer inside fuselage.
(1) Inspect the area of the stringer directly in line with the skin crack and
the area 3 rivet rows forward and aft of the crack.
(2) Perform a florescent penetrant inspection and use a 10X magnifier.
(a) If stringer is cracked aircraft is nonoperational until stringer is
replaced. Submit a CAT I DR.
(b) If no crack is found proceed to step (3).
(3) Perform Eddy Current inspection. Contact technical POC.
b. If working rivets are found, inspect the corresponding hole area in the No.
2L stringer inside the tailboom and check three adjacent fastener holes
forward and aft.
(1) Determine if the fastener can be moved by hand. If any are found
loose, submit a CAT I DR.
(2) Use 10X magnifier to inspect for No. 2L stringer cracks.
(a) If crack is found, aircraft is non-operational until stringer is replaced.
Submit a CAT I DR.
GO TO NEXT PAGE