KEVLAR REPAIR continued
2.30.5. Surface Laminates Erosion Damage
a. Repair erosion damage which has affected
surface laminates (18) only.
(1) Cut oval (19) around defective material deep
enough to remove damaged layers only. Do
not damage laminates (20) unaffected by ero-
(2) Peel off damaged layers (18).
(3) Sand exposed layers and 0.50 INCH overlap
to remove excess resin and paint. Use paper
(item 135, App F).
b. Clean damaged area (para 1.47).
Do not place heater near flammable
material or allow heater to contact
skin: severe burns can result. Wear
protective equipment. If injury occurs,
seek medical aid.
c. Fabricate patch.
(1) Cut cloth pieces (21) to overlap exposed area
(22) by 0.50 INCH. Cut enough cloth pieces
(21) to restore original thickness. Use cloth
(item 56, App F) and shears.
(2) Center and overlap edges of cloth pieces (21)
on exposed areas (22).
GO TO NEXT PAGE