HELICOPTER WEIGHING (AIRCRAFT ON PLATFORM SCALES) continued
Ensure that there are no adverse air cur-
rents from fans, heater blowers, etc., which
could affect the accuracy of scale readings.
a. Position helicopter in hangar.
(1) Move helicopter to designated weighing area
(2) Close all hangar doors and rope off weighing
b. Position helicopter rotor blades.
(1) Turn main rotor blades clockwise to a position
of 45 degrees relative to helicopters longitudi-
c. Assemble aircraft platform scales kit.
(1) Assemble the aircraft platform scales. Place
scales on the floor with ramps behind the
landing gear. Use platform scales kit.
d. Warm up scales.
Power cables can be connected in any
(1) Connect power cables to the scales.
(2) Plug main power cable into 120-volt A/C
(3) Turn scales on by depressing power button
(4) Wait 3 minutes with power applied and zero
GO TO NEXT PAGE