HELICOPTER WEIGHING (AIRCRAFT ON PLATFORM SCALES) continued
d. Main Gear Reaction points.
(1) Open access panels at Fuselage Stations
L115 and R115.
(2) Suspend the plumb-bob line over the center
of the left main gear cross tube. Ensure the
line hangs clear of the fuselage and fairing
and barely clears the ground. Mark on the
ground the point indicated by the plumb-bob.
Repeat for right main.
(3) Using the Chalkine from the aircraft platform
scales kit, mark a line through the points on
(4) On the main landing gear wheels, loop the
plumb-bob lines over the jack pad/tow-ring on
the inside center of the wheels as close to the
wheel as possible. Mark point on floor.
(5) Using the steel tape from the aircraft platform
scales kit, measure to the chalk line from the
plumb-bob mark inside the MLG. Using an
arcing motion, move the steel tape back and
forth to find the minimum value of ML (main
landing gear left). Repeat this procedure for
MR (main landing gear right).
(6) Add ML and MR and divide by two to get the
value of B, block 5 of Figure G-3A. Enter
120.0 for the value of I in block 6 of Figure
GO TO NEXT PAGE