HELICOPTER WEIGHING (AIRCRAFT ON PLATFORM SCALES) continued
e. Adjustments for the latitude and altitude.
(1) Enter the latitude and altitude correction. To inspect or change the latitude and altitude setting., press both
he LB/KG and ZERO switches at the same time the scale will display this: 00045.
You should make sure that this value is the same as the latitude that the scale will be used at to the
nearest 5o of latitude.
(2) The value displayed is the latitude in degrees. Each time you press the ZERO button the value will change
by 5o of latitude. When finished with the latitude screen, press the LB/KB and ZERO buttons at the same
time. The scale will show this display: 01000.
(3) This is the altitude display. This value will change 1000 ft (304.8m) each time you press the ZERO switch.
You should make sure that this value is the same as the altitude that the scale will be used at to the
nearest 1000 ft of altitude.
(4) Press the LB/KB button again to return to the normal weighing display.
f. Exercising the scales.
(1) Pull aircraft onto scales and wait for aircraft to settle.
(2) Push aircraft off of scales.
(3) Zero scales after aircraft is off of pads.
GO TO NEXT PAGE