SECTION I. HELICOPTER ACCESS PROVISIONS
ACCESS PROVISIONS INSPECTION/REPAIR
This task covers:
2.1.2. Initial Setup
Airframe repairmans tool kit (item 377, App H)
Aircraft Structural Repairer
a. Inspect all access doors, covers, panels, and fairings shown in paragraphs 2.3 thru 2.7. Replace unit if
any of the following repairs cannot be made.
(1) Check for cracks, tears, or punctures. Repair metal material in accordance with (TM 1-1500-204-23), using
sheet metal repair procedures. Repair kevlar (para 2.30).
(2) Check mating surfaces of panel and aircraft metal skin panels for loss of paint, scratches, and/or metal
erosion caused by chafing. Repair mating surfaces (para 2.30).
(3) Check for delamination or debonding. Repair delamination or debonding (para 2.30).
(4) Check for corrosion. Remove corrosion (para 1.49).
(5) Check for damaged seals, if installed. Replace damaged seals (para 2.52).
(6) Check for damaged fasteners such as latches, turnlocks, or hinge butts. Repair damaged latches, turn-
locks, or hinge butts (TM 1-1500-204-23).
(7) Check access provisions containing electrical connections and wire harnesses to ensure security of
connectors (TM 55-1500-323-24).
(8) Check access provisions for chafing of connectors and wire harnesses, when installed
GO TO NEXT PAGE