PILOT BRAKE MASTER CYLINDERS REMOVAL/INSTALLATION continued
a. Clean master cylinder and removed and at-
taching parts (para 1.47).
a. Check removed and attaching parts for
cracks. None allowed.
b. Check master cylinder bearings for play (para
c. Check master cylinder for cracks, nicks, and
dents. None allowed.
Slight wetting of cylinder and seals insuf-
ficient to form a drop is normal.
d. Check master cylinder for leaks. None allowed.
If master cylinder is being replaced, go to
steps a. and b. If master cylinder is not
being replaced, go to step c.
a. Install elbow (25) in cap (19).
(1) Ensure nut (27) is installed on elbow (25).
(2) Lubricate new packing (28), new retainer
(29), and elbow (25). Use hydraulic fluid
(item 93, App F).
(3) Install retainer (29) and packing (28) on el-
(4) Install elbow (25) in cap (19). Position elbow
(25) so outlet points forward when cap (19) is
(5) Tighten nut (27) loosely.
GO TO NEXT PAGE